Borderlands (Zev Berman, 2007): 6.5/10

The Magic Flute (Ingmar Bergman, 1975): 7/10

La Guerre Est Finie (Alain Resnais, 1966): 7/10

Speed Racer (The Wachowski Brothers, 2008): 8/10


My Photo
Name:
Location: milwaukee, wi

Thursday, January 10, 2008

More on Cloverfield

So, the time for Cloverfield is almost here -- man, I remember when January 18, 2008 seemed interminably far into the future! Harry Knowles from AICN has seen the film and has a write-up here. I know that Knowles has a knack (to say the least) for going overboard about projects that he likes, no matter what, but damn, does his review make it sound good. Like, better than it has any right to be, being directed by the guy who did The Pallbearer and only produced by JJ Abrams, whose work I haven't really liked to this point anyway.

I guess I'm just a sucker for movies that take the typical (the monster movie) and show it from a different point of view (in this case, as Knowles puts it, in the eyes of the people running away from the monster, rather than the people trying to save the world). It's a much more populist view on the monster movie, and, in real life, would we even have any heroes like there are in most movies?

I'm going next weekend, for sure.

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Comments on "More on Cloverfield"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I'll be there next weekend as well. I wouldn't say the anticipation is killing me or anything, but I am a bit excited about it.

Harry Knowles though....Oh my. One day that guy is going to have a heart attack while doing a write up. He always comes off as a kid who just drank a 2 liter of Jolt Cola in his reviews. Ah well, you have to admire his enthusiasm.

 

post a comment