Borderlands (Zev Berman, 2007): 6.5/10

The Magic Flute (Ingmar Bergman, 1975): 7/10

La Guerre Est Finie (Alain Resnais, 1966): 7/10

Speed Racer (The Wachowski Brothers, 2008): 8/10


My Photo
Name:
Location: milwaukee, wi

Friday, June 27, 2008

Greencine's list of 8 most disturbing French horror films

Hat tip to Dreaming at 24 Frames Per Second on this one: Netflix alternative Green Cine has released a list of the 8 Most Disturbing Films of the New Wave of French Horror. Quite a mouthful, but they couldn't be more right on when they spotlight France as the new center of global horror. I've see all the movies on the list but a few -- Sheitan (which I'd never even heard of!), Frontier(s) (which I have at home right now), and Inside (which is coming soon!). Ordeal is one of the creepiest films I've ever seen, with a truly amazing performance by Laurent Lucas. Of course, Gaspar Noe is probably in my ten top directors -- his films are so raw and painful, and while I wouldn't classify them as horror films, they are really terrifying. So move over, Japan -- France has got the market on truly disturbing stuff now.

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Comments on "Greencine's list of 8 most disturbing French horror films"

 

post a comment