Borderlands (Zev Berman, 2007): 6.5/10

The Magic Flute (Ingmar Bergman, 1975): 7/10

La Guerre Est Finie (Alain Resnais, 1966): 7/10

Speed Racer (The Wachowski Brothers, 2008): 8/10


My Photo
Name:
Location: milwaukee, wi

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Official Oscar predictions

So, since I know you've been waiting for it, here are my official picks for tomorrow's awards.

Best Picture
No Country For Old Men (although, as I have discussed with several people, I wouldn't be suprised if any of these movies won, really.)

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood -- Clearly the winner. The performance of a lifetime.

Best Actress
Julie Christie, Away From Her -- A really tight race, I could see either Ellen Page or Marion Cotillard winning as well, but I really think it'll go to Christie for her gentle, exquisite performance in Sarah Polley's wonderful film.

Best Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, No Country For Old Men -- Clearly.

Best Supporting Actress
Ruby Dee, American Gangster -- A surprise nominee, but I think she'll win because of how AG got the shaft in every other category, especially best actor.

Best Director
Joel & Ethan Coen, No Country For Old Men -- I would love, LOVE to see PT Anderson or even Julien Schnabel win this one, but I don't see it happening.

Best Original Screenplay
Diablo Cody, Juno -- Clearly the winner, although I will cringe when they have to read that stupid fucking pseudonym on the podium.

Best Adapted Screenplay
PT Anderson, There Will Be Blood -- I think the Coens might win this, but I'm guessing Anderson because TWBB won't win picture or director and PT has to get something.

So there you have it! I may or may not liveblog the damn thing, but probably not, because the ceremony is always interminably boring.

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Comments on "Official Oscar predictions"

 

post a comment