Borderlands (Zev Berman, 2007): 6.5/10

The Magic Flute (Ingmar Bergman, 1975): 7/10

La Guerre Est Finie (Alain Resnais, 1966): 7/10

Speed Racer (The Wachowski Brothers, 2008): 8/10


My Photo
Name:
Location: milwaukee, wi

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Casting news: Gentlemen Broncos

Jared Hess' new project Gentlemen Broncos has attracted some pretty darn good talent. The film is about a teen who goes to a fantasy convention with his manuscript, only to have the manuscript ripped off by a famous fantasy author. The teen will be Michael Angarano, who starred in Snow Angels, which I am still excited to see; the author will be Jemaine Clement, and the main character of the book, who comes in book-to-life sequences, will be played by Sam Rockwell.

I really couldn't be more excited about this news -- Flight of the Conchords and Eagle Vs. Shark were two of my favorite comedy projects of the year, and I absolutely love Clement, and Rockwell is one of those actors I will go to almost any movie if he's the star. Angarano, though I don't know him, seems like a rising star with some talent. It looks like, from the talent, that Hess is moving away from Nacho Libre and back to legitimately funny, quirky comedy. I can't wait for this one!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Comments on "Casting news: Gentlemen Broncos"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

I'm a bit tired of Jemaine, but this sounds pretty excellent. Love the idea.

 

post a comment