Borderlands (Zev Berman, 2007): 6.5/10

The Magic Flute (Ingmar Bergman, 1975): 7/10

La Guerre Est Finie (Alain Resnais, 1966): 7/10

Speed Racer (The Wachowski Brothers, 2008): 8/10


My Photo
Name:
Location: milwaukee, wi

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Towelhead clips!

Having just finished Alicia Erian's novel Towelhead (and loved it), I came to search out any news on Alan Ball's (American Beauty, Six Feet Under) adaptation. No trailer or release date as of yet, but IESB has some clips of the film that get me more excited for the movie.

But will it be called Towelhead, as the novel is and the working title was, or Nothing Is Private, the name under which it premiered at last year's Toronto Film Festival? If I had to guess, even though right now it's being called Towelhead, I'd put my money on Nothing is Private, because the original title is just too controversial. If you thought the outrage by conservative radio/tv hosts over movies like Stop-Loss and Rendition was ridiculous (and I do), then just wait until this movie comes out, non-offensive title or not. Yikes.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

Comments on "Towelhead clips!"

 

post a comment